Select Board - Adoption of the Town Plan
The Town of Pownal Board of Selectmen will several public hearings as required for adoption of the Town Plan. Two meetings are required.
This first public hearing for the Town Plan was held on Wednesday, March 14, 2018, 6:30 p.m. at the Pownal Elementary School Gym.
This second public hearing for the Town Plan will be held on Wednesday, May 2, 2018, 6:30 p.m. at the Pownal Elementary School Gym.
The full text of the Town Plan may be viewed here
The outline of the new plan is as follows:
2. Our Vision for Pownal
3. Population, Housing, Economic Development
4. Natural Resources
5. Land Use Plan
7. Community Facilities, Services and Utilities
11. Review of Statutory Requirements and Consistency with Other Plans
The proposed Pownal Plan favors zoning changes in two sections of town:
1. On both sides of RT 7 heading north from Petit Lane on the east side and from the northern end of Center St (set back but following RT 7 heading north) on the west side extending to the land adjacent to the beginning of Jackson Cross Road on RT 7. These two strips, currently zoned Commercial should be changed to Village.
2. The Green Mountain Racetrack property should be changed from Village to Commercial thus discouraging residential development, since a great deal of the property sits in the Flood Plain, but still encouraging appropriate commercial development in conjunction with our economic development goals.
If you wish to any comments or recommendations re: Proposed Town Plan, please feel free to email email@example.com
Linda Sciarappa, Administrative Assistant