Town of Pownal - Hoosic River Clean Up Day
Saturday, September 22 or 29, 2018
Meet at parking area by Strobridge Park in North Pownal
HooRWA supplies: Gloves, mesh trash bags, hip boots, first aid supplies
HooRWA Delivers: Orientation, safety talk, safety monitor, telephone contact
Pownal supplies: Trash pick up, permission for clean ups on town land
- Riverbank along McMahon Farm Field - Rte 346
Need landowner permission, riverbank based, 6 people; enter north end, avoid RR tracks
Pull out near VT/NY line; Good for medium to low water
Park in pull off area east side of Rte 346 in NY across state line.
- Tubbs Road - brook beneath Rte 346
No permission needed. Park at closed store on corner of Pownal Road. Walk upstream and downstream
Pull out by Rte 346 and leave bags by bridge. Best for 2 people. High water alternative site
- Strobridge Park - Dean Street
No permission needed. Head up for town. Best for 2 people. High water alternative site.
Replace small traction boards on boat ramp. Clear brush at ramp site. Board member presence.
Walk shoreline as water level allows. Leave trash by end of parking area entrance.
- Farm off Rte 346 in Pownal (need owner's name and permission). Possible access from Palmer Drive on the west to avoid
Crossing RR tracks. Need truck to haul out trach. Exposed shoreline priority. Low to medium water levels.
Best for 4 people.
- Clayton Park - Lincoln Road. Town should be notified. Park on west side of Road. Walk shoreline south to bridge.
2 people. Best at lower water levels. Leave trash by road side entrance.
- Shoreline by Road leading into former racetrack parcel. 4 people Better during low water. Easy access to river.
Trash bags left by road side.
- Monarch Realty site. Parcel located on west side of Route 7 just south of Stewarts. Involved permission of landowner and
Knowing that access is allowed across the RR tracks. Pick up small items and identify larger items by photograph.